Theory and practice blend together to form the basis of my presentations given at professional conferences; my presentation topics have included instructional media development for higher education and Project Management specifically targeted to creative projects.
The training sessions that I have lead covered Microsoft PowerPoint and making your slides effective. Sharing the lessons learned with peers is an important part of contributing to the larger field of creativity and project management.
If your creative team or organization needs a workshop or custom presentation to hone their project leadership skills, contact me. Workshops and presentations can be customized to target specific topic areas and be adapted to fit the audience size.
- Speaker: Durham Chamber of Commerce | Chamber U Speaker Series, Communication Fundamentals, Durham, NC (March 2014)
- Instructor: Project Management Fundamentals for the North Carolina Department of Public Instructions’ High School Project Management Curriculum Prep, Greensboro, NC (July 2012)
- Presenter: Project Management: Beyond the Gantt Chart: UNC Cause 2010, Wilmington, NC (November 2010)
- Presenter: Project Management for Creative Projects (or How to Herd Cats): New Media Consortium, Anaheim, CA (June 2010)
- Presenter: Project Management for Creative Projects: North Carolina Distance Learning Association (NCDLA) Annual Conference, New Bern, NC (April 2010)
- Presenter: Course Design & Support: Tri-IT Fall Meeting, Duke University, NC (Oct. 2009)
- Presenter: Engaging Students with Multimedia: North Carolina Distance Learning Association (NCDLA) Virtual Conference, Chapel Hill, NC (April 2009)
- Presenter: Multimedia Production for Higher Education: Tri-IT Spring Meeting, Elon University, NC (April 2009)
- Presenter: Blended Learning Solutions: A Multimedia Development Process for Higher Education: E-Learn–World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, Las Vegas, Nevada (Nov. 2008)
- Conference Co-Chair: Learning. Sharing. Connecting: CTC 2008 Retreat, Chapel Hill, NC (Oct 2008) /
- Conference Co-Chair: Networking: The People Kind: CTC 2007 Retreat, Chapel Hill, NC (Oct 2007)
- Presenter: ITS Teaching and Learning First Partners: Content Designed for the Digital Native: TLT Conference, Raleigh, NC (March 2007)
- Trainer: Effective Presentation Techniques Using PowerPoint: UNC School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC (April 2006)
- Trainer: Getting Started and Designing Good PowerPoint, Chapel Hill, NC (Feb, April, Sept, Oct 2005)
- Presenter: Creating Instructional Multimedia Products: Carolina Technology Consultants, Chapel Hill, NC (Oct 2003)